Welcome to Jerome's Dome


Wherever your thoughts may roam, there’s a place for them within the Dome.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Emancipation of Jaden Smith

Okay, so you're 14 and you can't wait to be grown. You're making a few dollars and you want to call your own shots.  Mom and Dad love you, but they just don't understand. They don't recognize what's going on in your world or the world at large.

Does this scenario sound vaguely familiar?

If you were ever a typical teenager or you have ever raised a teenager then you should be very familiar with this "adolescent attitude." Saddest of all, every adolescent I've ever met swears they and their friends, are the smartest people on the planet.  The rest of us have come to realize the truth, they are the epitome of homosapien ignorance. These people are barely able to walk upright let alone pay a bill or provide for themselves.

According to the Huffington Post, TMZ and the general tabloid media, this is what Will and Jada Smith are dealing with in their household with Mr. Too Big for His Britches, fourteen year old Jaden.  Young Master Smith has decided he wants to be grown and is allegedly seeking emancipation.  That's right, ... freedom from his parents.

Now, there are those that would say, this whole incident is a mere publicity stunt. Particularly since Will and Young Master Jaden have a new movie, "After Earth" scheduled to hit theaters in the next few weeks.  It is also rumored Will leaked the story. And let's not forget, in the entertainment industry all publicity is good publicity, rumored or not.
Photo: Harry Wad

Now back in the day, Gerri Ballew would have assumed I was smelling myself.  Or that some other intoxicant was clouding my good sense.  She no doubt, would have elected to "emancipate" me up side my head. Then she would have told me to go and sit somewhere and not make a sound.  And I had better have done just that.  But Will and Jada?  Well, ... they must be a little different.

Remember only a few months ago, Jada was spouting off at the mouth about Willow's new "I'm a moron"  haircut.  That child, with her daddy's ears, looked like she was about to fly south for the winter.

Now I'm all for letting a child express themselves and even make some decisions. I mean, how else will they learn?  But as parents, it's not your responsibility to be your child's BFF (Best Friend Forever).  As a parent, it is your responsibility to teach your child how to function as a responsible member of society.  And Will and Jada, I love you both to death but, allowing your kids to publicly make stupid decisions like they've been doing in 2013 is making me, question you.

Let's try raising the bar just a little bit.  I mean, do you really want your kids to turn out like the Jacksons?

I'm not hatin, I'm jus sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment