Welcome to Jerome's Dome


Wherever your thoughts may roam, there’s a place for them within the Dome.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

O.J. Wants a Re-Trial

Wednesday, May 15, 2013, OJ Simpson was back in court.  It appears OJ felt he had insufficient representation when he was convicted of attempted robbery 4 years ago.


blackamericaweb.com

I saw footage late last night from OJ's day in court.  He looked really rough as he walked into court wearing his prison garb jumpsuit.  So rough that he was barely recognizable.

Then he started to speak.  Suddenly, it all came back to me.  There was that deer caught in the headlights look in his eyes.  And the dribble spewing from his mouth, "Aaahhh, ... I didn't steal it.  The stuff was mine."

What an idiot. I mean a complete idiot.
Bleacherreport.net
I remember hoping and praying that OJ was innocent.  I watched the police chase that Bronco for miles and was certain when I woke up the next morning OJ would be dead from a barrage of police bullets.
Vince Bucci/AFP/Getty Images
I remember Johnny Cochran's "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!" But any one who ever owned a pair of leather gloves knew they would draw up after being soaked in any fluid and drying out.  And OJ "struggling" to get his hands in those gloves.  We've all seen his movies.  Acting was not his strong suit.


After he was acquitted and the country seemed instantly divided, I was relieved. OJ was free. I even argued about the decades old history of corruption in the LAPD.

Then slowly but surely, OJ's behavior just didn't support his story and his acquittal.  He just couldn't keep his mouth shut. There was the "If I had committed the murders, I would have done it like this" remark.  And the final straw, his attempt to steal his stuff back.

OJ doesn't deserve a new trial.  I don't know if I believe OJ committed those murders or not, but I always felt he knew much more about the crime then he ever commented about.  What is certain, is the fact OJ was clearly trying to steal back what had been his.  He said as much in the hearing on Wednesday.  There should be no more tax dollars wasted on Orenthal James Simpson.


No comments:

Post a Comment